Are you up for a challenging and varied job, surrounded by some of the best looking cars ever built? If so, read on!
With more and more work coming in, we are looking to grow our great team here, and so we are on the lookout for a few individuals with the skills needed to restore a classic car from start to finish. These skills will incorporate metalwork, paint preparation, mechanical expertise, and rebuilds.
Some examples of the work we do here might be a simple oil change on a Mini Cooper, completely fabricating the chassis on an MG A, rebuilding a Jaguar engine, replacing a rusty floor pan, fitting modern running gear into an old Ford, or just taking a complete rust bucket and turning it into a borderline brand new car.
We carry out full restorations and minor repairs here in our workshop, and so we need people that can help us take a car from a sorry looking state and bring it to magazine standard.
Whilst we don't expect any particular candidate to have skills in all areas of restoration, you will be expected to be a good learner and able to carry out other general garage duties and ad-hoc activities.
The roles include:
- Preparation of vehicles to the highest possible standard
- Body panel fitment and welding
- Bodywork repairs, filling, sanding and paint preparation
- Colour sanding and machine polishing
- Dismantling and rebuilding
- Refurbishing parts
The ideal candidate:
- Experience in an automotive workshop environment
- Experience with classic cars would be a plus, but is not required
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Neat, tidy and careful
- Ability to plan work and meet deadlines
- Keen interest in classic cars and enthusiastic
- Full driver's license
Salary and rates of pay dependant on experience.